||Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager INSTANT Product Management, the Product Manager is responsible for leading the strategic development, implementation and performance of product marketing plans for assigned INSTANT brands and new product launches that maximize revenue and NPP in a manner that delivers against enterprise revenue objectives and long- term OLG strategic plan.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the operations of product - including portfolio and brand tracking (profit & loss financial statements, player participation) against forecasts to ensure performance per enterprise business objectives
- Accountable for the development, recommendation & implementation of annual product plans (including building budgets, projections and operational plans) and business recommendation documents to build supporting materials (business plans, lottery initiative contracts) and implementation plans
- Lead the development of the communication strategic plan by identifying business objectives, target audience, communication hierarchies and time in market
- Lead and manage assigned product development from idea generation to execution for Instant Products
- Develop and track against quarterly forecast in terms of sales and marketing spend (by brand and initiative) to ensure performance against enterprise budget and provides recommendations on variances
- Guide the research team to evaluate new marketing concepts, brand enhancements and/or line extensions for application in Ontario through research, other lottery learnings, past game launches and partners in the industry Evaluate the current product brand performance to quantify results and identify issues, challenges and future opportunities
- Accountable for media budgeting, trafficking, communication & promotion strategy in collaboration with other internal stakeholders to enhance advertising effectiveness across identified channels.
- Represent OLG at conferences, training session, ILC meetings and round table discussion to develop and share knowledge of the lottery industry
- Monitor operations and develop strategies for continuous improvement by working in collaboration with service providers and/or vendors
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a similar role
- Experience with marketing principles including product design, promotion, pricing, merchandising, advertising, market research, and sales/retail channels
- Knowledge of broadcast media/production, consumer/retailer promotions, budget and agency management Knowledge of the print production processes
- Knowledge of consumer and technology trends
- Strong knowledge of lottery products and services is an asset
- Knowledge of several software packages (Cognos, Peoplesoft, IMS, Microsoft Office, Notes Databases) including intermediate proficiency with MS Excel for data management and analysis (ex. Sales and spend tracking)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills A team player with a creative and innovate mindset
- Strong Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills Ability to travel occasionally
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.