According to area school boards, there are 26 active COVID cases in schools in Simcoe County as of the morning of Sept. 20.
The Simcoe County District School Board has reported four new cases in its latest update. There is one case and one classroom closed at Cameron Street Public School in Collingwood, one new case at Fieldcrest Elementary School in Bradford, one case at Huron Park Public School in Midland and one case and classroom closure at W.H. Day Elementary School in Bradford.
There are currently 10 active cases reported by the Simcoe County District School Board. The cases are spread across eight schools.
In addition to the new cases reported today, the current active cases in Simcoe County District School Board schools include:
- One case and one classroom closed at Chris Hadfield Public School in Bradford
- One case and one classroom closed at Hyde Park Public School in Barrie
- One case at Fieldcrest Elementary School (Bradford), one classroom is closed
- Two at Alliston Union Public School, and two classrooms are closed
- One at Nottawasaga Pines Secondary School (Angus).
Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board has reported one new case since the evening of Sept. 17, at St. Theresa’s Catholic High School in Midland, with one classroom closed. Within the board, there are 14 active cases spread across eight schools.
In addition to the new case reported Friday, the current active cases in Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board schools include:
- One case at St. James Catholic School (Tottenham)
- Two cases at St. Bernadette Catholic School (Barrie), and two classrooms are closed,
- Two cases at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School,
- Three cases and three classrooms closed at Barrie's Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic School
- Two cases and two classrooms closed at St. Nicholas Catholic School, also in Barrie,
- Two cases and two classrooms closed at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School in Innisfil, and
- One case and one classroom closed at St. Marie of the Incarnation Catholic School in Bradford.
There are no new local cases in the French public school board. Conseil scolaire Viamonde, reported one student case in the region at Roméo-Dallaire High School in Barrie on Sept. 13.
COVID case counts are also unchanged locally in the French Catholic board. Mon Avenir Conseil Scolaire Catholique, reported one staff case Sept. 10 at ÉÉC Marguerite-Bourgeois, which is located in Borden.
School boards are required to post regular, public updates on COVID cases linked to their schools. A case in a school does not automatically indicate that person caught COVID-19 at the school.
Anyone who was in close contact with the infected person will be notified by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
Not all school boards specify whether a case is a student or staff member.