Bradford West Gwillimbury Fire and Emergency Services was called out to a fire in a vacant residence at 108 Moore Street early Sunday morning.
With mutual aid from both Innisfil and New Tecumseth fire departments, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire this morning but not before it caused extensive damage to the top floor and front of the roof of the building.
Firefighters contained the flames, preventing them from spreading to nearby trees and homes.
Hot spots kept firefighters on the scene and still pouring water on the building at 8:30 a.m.
There is no immediate indication of how the fire started, said chief Kevin Gallant. "The Ontario Fire Marshal will be called in to assist."
There were no injuries at the fire, but Fire Chief Gallant was taken to hospital by paramedics, suffering from discomfort.
He was diagnosed with pneumonia, treated, and returned to the scene.