There are five new COVID-19 cases being reported in schools across Simcoe County today.
Currently, there are 41 total active COVID-19 cases being reported by local school boards at Simcoe County schools as of 4 p.m. on Oct. 25.
There is one new case being reported today at St. Mary’s Catholic School in Collingwood, and one new classroom closure. This adds to one case and classroom closure previously reported at the school.
One new case is being reported at St. Joseph’s Catholic High School in Barrie today. Two new classrooms have also been closed at the school. This adds to four cases and seven classroom closures previously reported at the school.
One new case each is being reported at both Assikinack Public School and Portage View Public School. Both schools had previously reported one case and classroom closure, and both schools have now been declared in outbreak by the health unit.
Bear Creek Secondary School is also reporting one new case today, adding to two cases that were previously reported.
According to the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, there are currently 34 active cases spread across eight schools:
- 19 cases at Holy Cross Catholic School in Innisfil with 11 classrooms closed
- Sister Catherine Donnelly Catholic School in Barrie is reporting one case
- One case at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in Barrie
- Four cases at St. Marie of the Incarnation Catholic School in Bradford
- Two cases at St. Mary's Catholic School in Collingwood, with two classrooms closed
- One case at St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School in Barrie
- Five cases and nine classroom closures at St. Joseph's Catholic High School in Barrie
- One case at St. Peter's Catholic Secondary School in Barrie, two classroom closures
The health unit declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Holy Cross Catholic School on Oct. 15, which is still active.
At the Simcoe County District School Board, they are currently reporting seven active cases spread across three schools:
- Assikinack Public School in Barrie has two cases and one classroom closure
- Portage View Public School in Barrie has two cases and one classroom closure
- Bear Creek Secondary School in Barrie has three cases
The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit is reporting an outbreak at Assikinack Public School as of Oct. 21, and at Portage View Public School as of Oct. 22.