There are seven new COVID-19 cases being reported in schools across Simcoe County today.
Currently, there are 40 total active COVID-19 cases being reported by local school boards at Simcoe County schools as of 4 p.m. on Oct. 13.
New since yesterday’s reporting, St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in Barrie has one new case. St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School in Barrie also has a new case. No classrooms are closed as a result at either school.
St. Joseph's Catholic High School in Barrie is reporting two new COVID-19 cases, and three new classroom closures today. This adds to one case and classroom closure previously reported at the school.
Holy Cross Catholic School in Innisfil is reporting two cases, with two classrooms closed.
Orchard Park Public School in Orillia is reporting one new COVID case today, adding to eight cases and four classroom closures previously reported.
According to the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, there are currently 31 active cases spread across 11 schools:
- Two cases at Holy Cross Catholic School in Innisfil with two classrooms closed
- Two cases at St. Bernadette Catholic School in Barrie, with two classroom closures
- Three cases at St. Ann's Catholic School in Penetanguishene, with one classroom closed
- One case at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in Barrie
- 14 cases at St. Marie of the Incarnation Catholic School in Bradford, with seven classrooms closed
- Two cases at St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School in Bradford, with two classrooms closed
- One case and two classroom closures at Holy Trinity Catholic High School in Bradford
- One case at St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School in Barrie
- One case at St. Peter's Catholic Secondary School in Barrie
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School in Tottenham is reporting one case, with two classrooms closed
- Three cases and five classroom closures at St. Joseph's Catholic High School in Barrie
The health unit declared a COVID-19 outbreak at St. Marie of the Incarnation on Oct. 1, which is still active.
At the Simcoe County District School Board, they are currently reporting nine active cases spread across one school:
- Orchard Park Public School in Orillia is reporting nine cases and four classroom closures
An outbreak was declared by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit at Orchard Park Elementary School in Orillia on Oct. 5, and at W.C. Little Elementary School on Sept. 28, and are both still listed as active.