SOUTH SIMCOE POLICE SERVICE
INNISFIL - A 23-year-old Belle Ewart man is facing 17 firearms and drug charges after South Simcoe Police Service officers executed a search warrant at an Innisfil home.
On Friday, May, 17, 2019 at approximately 7:30 p.m., members of the South Simcoe Police Criminal Investigation Unit, Community Mobilization and Engagement Unit, Emergency Response Unit and Uniform officers conducted a search warrant at a residence in Belle Ewart. During the search, two handguns, one which was loaded and a long gun also loaded were seized. Both handguns were located in plain view. Numerous drugs and cash were also seized. The resident had a small illegal marijuana grow operation which was dismantled by police.
A 23-year-old man from Belle Ewart was arrested without incident and charged with the following offences:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm (3 counts)
- Careless storage of a firearm (3 counts)
- Possession of firearm with altered serial number
- Possession of a controlled substance - cocaine
- Possession of a controlled substance - heroin
- Possession of a controlled substance - other drugs (2 counts)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - heroin
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - other drugs (3 counts)
- Possession of more than four cannabis plants
During the search warrant the following items were seized:
- 1 X 9mm semi automatic pistol (loaded)
- 1 .38 calibre revolver
- 1 X .303 bolt action rifle (loaded)
- A quantity of suspected cocaine
- A quantity of suspected heroin
- A quantity of other drugs including suspected methamphetamine and MDMA
- 59 cannabis plants
- A quantity of cash
The accused was released on a Promise to Appear in Court with many conditions.