Combine art and nature this summer with Creativebug, the latest in art and craft education that works with renowned artists to create easy to follow classes. By using Creativebug free through the BWG Library, you’ll enjoy unlimited access to over 1,000 online art and craft classes. Watch the classes anytime, anywhere. Since the classes never expire, you can start and stop projects at your own pace.
Check out these nature-themed art classes today:
These charming nature pals are perfect for little hands to grab onto and cherish. They’re made from wool felt, which doesn’t fray so it’s forgiving to work with and lovely to the touch. Alison from Kata Golda imbues these tiny critters with big personalities through her imaginative details.
Fried Flower Terrarium:
Allie uses dried flowers to make an evergreen terrarium that can survive even the blackest of thumbs.
Embroidery artist Lauren Holt of Lark Rising makes a sophisticated countryside scene by varying shades and stitches. Sew along as she creates an intriguing depth of field by varying thread colour and layering simple shapes, piece by piece. The class comes with a downloadable PDF pattern and thread guide, but you’ll be inspired to use these principles to explore exciting landscapes of your own.
Landscape Watercolour Painting: Working from Photos:
Be inspired by images of the outdoors or pull from your own travel photography in this landscape painting class, taught by artist Kristy Rice. Learn how to visually break down a landscape into three separate planes and paint them using watercolor washes.
Getting Started with Creativebug:
- Download the Creativebug app or go to www.creativebug.com/lib/bradford. You will need to enter your library card number.
- It will then ask you to create an account with your name, email and password.
- Start crafting! Select from the top bar:
- Classes in any of the crafting categories listed. Limit the search by subject or skill level.
- The inspiration tab will show you inspirational feeds, the pattern library, collections, blogs and more.
- CBTV (Creativebug Television) will show you a deeper look at the artists’ processes, studios and lives.
- Daily Practice tab features new art each month.