Town of BWG by-laws require all dog owners to obtain a licence for each dog they own by January 31 of every year. When the licence is purchased, the owner receives a tag to put on the dog’s collar with a number correlating to our file with the owner’s address and phone number.
Through January 31, purchase a tag for a spayed or neutered dog for $25, or for an intact animal for $30. Prices go up by $5 on February 1.
Get an order form online at www.townofbwg.com/DogTags or purchase your licence and tag in person at one of the following locations:
• Town Admin Office: 100 Dissette St., Units 7&8
• BWG Leisure Centre: 471 West Park Ave.
• Dissette Animal Hospital: 100 Dissette St., Unit 3
• Pet Valu: 442 Holland St. W, #8
• Summerlyn Pet Hospital: 465 Holland St. W, Unit 5
What does your fee do?
Money collected from the sale of dog licences supports BWG’s animal control program, which:
• responds to calls about lost pets, animals at large and dog bites.
• gets dogs home fast! By requiring annual licences and a tag on each dog's collar, our records with owners’ contact information are up-to-date (microchips and lifetime tags often aren’t).
• rescues and shelters sick, injured and stray domestic animals and helps unclaimed animals find new homes.
• shares missing pet posts and photos of found animals on Facebook. Follow them at: www.facebook.com/bradfordanimalcontrol/