Summer may be flying by, but there is still time to participate in the BWG Library’s Summer Reading Clubs. We have Summer Reading programs for all ages, from pre-readers to adults, and there is still plenty of time to read.
Reading has its own rewards. For kids, reading develops literacy skills, sparks imagination and stimulates curiosity, while developing concentration as well as social and communication skills. For adults, reading keeps your brain healthy, reduces stress, improves sleep, makes you more empathetic and sets a great example for kids. For teens, reading expands knowledge, improves writing skills, brings joy and leads to success.
In addition to logging your reading, our summer reading programs have fun activities, the opportunity to review books, prizes and giveaways, including ‘Log-a-book, Get-a-book’. On August 7 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.participants who logged reading in any of our reading programs cab drop by our table outside of the BWG Library and get a free book.
Each challenge has a different end date, but they all have end-of-program draws for prizes that include books and gift certificates.
Summer Reading Clubs at a glance:
- TD Summer Reading Club 2021 – Pre-readers and school age children
- Reading is Sweet – Teensummer reading challenge
- Books and Blooms – Adultsummer reading challenge
- Simcoe Reads 2021 – For teens and adults
- 1,000 Books before Kindergarten – A year-round reading challenge for children age five and under