Public Health Ontario has reported 1,053 new COVID-19 cases in its latest report (Dec. 4).
Today's update also includes 722 new recoveries and seven deaths in the last month.
The Dec. 4 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Of the new cases reported today, 469 were unvaccinated people, 25 were partially vaccinated, 499 were fully vaccinated, and 60 are listed as vaccination status unknown (missing health card information).
- 7,536 active cases, up from 7,212 yesterday.
- 284 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ontario, down from 286 yesterday.
- There are 160 patients in intensive care units because of COVID-19 (18 of those people no longer test positive for COVID-19) and 98 patients on ventilators (13 of those patients no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 36,268 tests were processed yesterday.
- Another 14,863 tests are still under investigation and/or being processed. To date, 19.9 million tests have been completed.
- There were 80,898 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday, down from 87,013 on Dec. 2.
- 23,913,372 doses of vaccine have been administered.
- In total, 11,827,387 people have been fully vaccinated.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 622,313 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 604,749 recoveries and 10,024 deaths, 4,026 of those in long-term care homes.