PROVINCIAL JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
The Provincial Junior Hockey League (PJHL) is seeking applicants to apply for a full-time PJHL Commissioner position.
The successful candidate will report to the PJHL executive board and will provide leadership for long- and short-term strategic planning in the PJHL and communicate the goals, objectives, and ongoing activities of the league and serve as an advocate for the PJHL, including policy support and enforcement.
The following background and experience is preferred:
- Knowledge of Hockey Canada (HC), Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) and Ontario Hockey Association (OHA) requirements;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to interpret and analyze business documents such as policies, procedures, manuals, rule books;
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (players, owners, board members, sponsors, community stakeholders);
- Accomplished management skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to complete projects with high standards;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and liaising stakeholders;
- Conflict management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Report writing skills and experience;
- Technical proficiency with the internet and Microsoft Office Suite software;
- Candidates may have hockey player, coaching, management or related experience;
- Flexible work hours required (evenings and weekends).
The PJHL Commissioner will be responsible for overall operations of the league including but not limited to:
- Directing, developing, carrying out goals and implementing objectives and policies of EB, as approved as applicable from time to time by the Board of Governors (BOG) for benefit of league and without preference or bias;
- Oversee scheduling all BOG and Subcommittee meetings and league play (pre-season, regular season and play-offs);
- Oversee the execution, delivery and enforcement of the Player agreement and the Member Club agreement;
- Oversee all communications with the PJHL (or any successor regulatory body) relating to league hockey operations;
- Oversee co-ordination of all player transactions, within and outside League, in conjunction with established League and Branch/PJHL rules and compliance therewith;
- Drafting and maintaining league operations and rules manual;
- Standing member of the Discipline Committee and the Hockey Operations Committee;
- Act as Secretary of all BOG meetings including the preparation and timely circulation of minutes of resolutions arising from all meetings;
- Recruit, hire and define roles/responsibilities of all League staff and students;
- Manage all league staff and students;
- Supervise and direct business and affairs of the league at the direction of the BOD;
- Discharge all duties imposed on the Commissioner by the League Constitution and By-Laws as may be required from time to time;
- Sitting on the Commissioners Committee of the “New Ontario Hockey Association.”
Salary is based on experience.
All applications are to be sent to Doug Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 20, 2019.