HUNTSVILLE - The Ontario Provincial Police have charged four people, including one suspect from Bradford, and seized a loaded firearm along with drugs from a vehicle stopped for speeding on Highway 11 in Huntsville.
On Sunday at around 11:50 p.m., an officer stopped a vehicle for speeding on Highway 11.
Following an investigation, four males in the vehicle were arrested and a loaded Glock 9mm handgun and baton were located.
Also seized were 582.5 grams of methamphetamine, 46 grams of crack-cocaine and 67 grams of suspected fentanyl, police said in a news release.
Three suspect from Brampton and one from Bradford were charged with:
- Possession of Schedule 1 for the Purpose of Trafficking, CDSA 5(2) X 4
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose CC 88 X 2
- Possession of Prohibited Device or ammunition for Dangerous Purpose CC 88
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammo CC 95(1)
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm CC 95 (1)
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm CC 94
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was a Prohibited Device or Ammunition CC 94
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition CC 92(2)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm CC 91(1)
- Breach of Firearms Regulations - Transport Firearm or Restricted Weapon CC 86(2)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 CC 354(1)(a)
One of the suspects was also charged with failure to comply with a release order.
One was also charged with carrying a concealed weapon.
Three of the males were held for bail and one male released on an undertaking.